Contact Lens Exams
At Complete Eye Care of Medina, we offer a wide variety of contact lenses to fit any lifestyle. If you are interested in contact lenses, but have never tried them or have been unsuccessful, we encourage you to consult with our experience doctors about what lens options may work for you.
Contact Lens Care
There are two categories of contact lens patients: Medically indicated and elective. Most contact lens wearers fall under the “elective” category. People in this category have chosen to wear contact lenses for cosmetic, fashion, or vocational reasons. On the other hand, some people cannot achieve clear, comfortable vision with spectacles due to certain eye diseases or very high prescriptions. Only when contact lenses are worn can these patients achieve good vision. These contact lenses are medically indicated for these patients.
Medically Indicated Contact Lens Care
Elective Contact Lens Care
Based upon staffing, resources, and demand for optometric care, Complete Eye Care of Medina has established the following policies governing elective contact lens care:
- You bring your contact lenses the day of your exam.
- You bring your contact lens prescription information the day of your exam. The easiest way to provide this information is to bring the original boxes, packages, or vials. Your glasses prescription will NOT provide the necessary information to update your contact lens prescription.
- The contact lens fit is acceptable.
- Your eyes are not experiencing any adverse reactions to contact lens wear.
- You follow your doctor’s guidance regarding contact lens cleaning and wearing schedule.
- You agree to maintain a pair of spectacles with a current prescription.
- If you have never worn contact lenses, we will not issue you a contact lens prescription the day of the exam. A contact lens prescription can only be issued after lenses have been fit properly to the eyes and follow-up care shows that they provide good vision, comfort, and eye health.
- Patients who have worn contact lenses in the recent past, but are not current wearers should bring as much information as possible about their previous contact lens prescription.
Our lens options include:
- Disposable contact lenses (for daily, weekly and monthly wear)
- Gas permeable contact lenses (durable lenses with superior quality of vision)
- Bifocal contact lenses (for both distance and near vision)
- Toric contact lenses (used to correct astigmatism)
- Silicone Hydrogel contact lenses (allows maximum oxygen to the cornea)
- Colored contact lenses (to change or enhance eye color)
Complete Eye Care of Medina also offers an advanced lens technology called Sleep and See (Corneal Reshaping Therapy-CRT). CRT is an FDA-approved, sophisticated, non-invasive, non-surgical process that utilizes highly oxygen permeable contact lenses to reshape the cornea while you sleep. These specially-designed lenses are removed when you awake and you are able to go throughout the day without any other correction. The lenses are designed for patients with low to moderate nearsightedness, with or without astigmatism.
Young children are excellent candidates for this treatment, as well as adults who want freedom from daily correction, but are hesitant to commit to laser vision correction. Total treatment time takes 10 to 14 days but most patients have rapid improvement in the first few days of treatment. CRT is completely reversible. If you stop wearing the lenses regularly while you sleep, your vision will return to its original state in as little as 72 hours. If you are interested, ask our staff or doctor about this exciting lens technology!
How Complete Eye Care is different when purchasing contact lenses
- Buy-Back Guarantee: When purchasing an annual supply, you don’t have to worry about having an oversupply of lenses if your prescription changes at your yearly exam. We will exchange any remaining lenses to your new and most recent contact lens prescription.
- Extra lenses as Needed: You may lose a lens, tear one, or somehow get uneven on your lenses nearing the date of your annual exam. We will provide extra lenses at no charge to get you back on track and even with your supply so you are not extending lenses over the recommended wear time.
- Special eyeglass packages and Discounts on Non-prescription sunglasses: Eyeglass packages starting at $109 for a complete pair of glasses (frame & lenses). or $50 off any other non-rx style sunglass. (Both options expire 30 days from your Contact Lens evaluation)
- Ship your lenses out at no charge: When purchasing an annual supply, you will get the lenses shipped to your home or office at no charge, unlike any other online supplier.
- We offer the most current rebates & fair pricing: Our technician will help you get the most out of the rebates available for your contact lenses and stays current on competitive prices to get you the fairest pricing for premium services and products offered in our office.